Berry Tart with Vanilla Cream
- For the dough
- 250 grams Pastry flour
- 75 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 grams butter
- butter (for the tart pan)
- Pastry flour (for working the dough)
- Legume (for blind baking)
- For the filling
- 200 grams Quark
- 200 grams Sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 75 milliliters Whipped cream (at least 30% fat content)
- 400 grams mixed Berry (such as raspberries, currants, blueberries, blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons dried Rose petal
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (for dusting)
For the dough, mix the flour with the sugar, lemon zest, salt and vanilla sugar, mound up on a work surface and make a well in the center. Crack the egg into the well and distribute the butter in small pieces around the flour. Process by hand to make a smooth dough, form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F) and butter a tart pan. Roll out the dough on a floured surface slightly larger than the pan, and line the pan with the dough, forming an edge. Line the dough with parchment paper, sprinkle with beans and blind bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
Stir the quark with the sour cream, yogurt, syrup, lemon juice and sugar until smooth. Whip the cream until stiff and fold into the mixture. Remove the finished shortcrust pastry from the oven and remove the beans and the baking paper. Loosen carefully from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Spread the tart crust with the cream. Rinse and sort the berries, drain well and spread on the cream with the dried rose petals. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.