Berry Ice Cream Cake
- 200 grams Dark chocolate (approximately 7 ounces)
- 50 grams Corn flakes (approximately 2 ounces)
- 500 grams Blueberries (approximately 18 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 ½ kilograms Vanilla ice cream (approximately 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Shelled pistachio
Line springform pan (24 cm diameter, approximately 9 inches) with baking paper. Melt chocolate in double boiler while stirring. Mix cornflakes with chocolate and spread evenly over the bottom of the pan. Press and allow to cool.
Rinse blueberries and drain. Puree most of the blueberries with the powdered sugar. Mix ice cream with a hand mixer until creamy. Spread half of vanilla ice cream on the chocolate base. Pour half of the blueberry puree over the ice cream.
Layer remaining ice cream and berry puree on the cake. Finally, sprinkle the remaining blueberries over the top and cover the cake with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer and let freeze for 60 minutes. Cut into pieces, arrange on dessert plate, sprinkle with pistachios and serve immediately.
If desired, cake can be made in a square springform pan (24 cm square, approximately 9 inches) and the blueberry puree layered between two layers of vanilla ice cream and cut into square pieces (see photo).