Bean Tortillas Wraps
These wraps are bursting with protein, iron and fiber.
Purcahse pre-made wraps at the grocery store instead of making your own to save time.
Author of this recipe:
- For the dough
- 1 cup Rice flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 0.333 cup Potato starch
- 0.333 cup Tapioca flour
- 0.333 cup fava bean flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable fat
- ¾ cup warm water
- For the filling
- 1 ½ cups cooked black beans
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 scallions (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 cup canned Sweet corn (drained)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground peppers
- 12 Baby spinach (cut into strips)
- 6 tablespoons Hummus
For the dough: combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Rub in the vegetable fat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Add enough warm water to form a soft, cohesive dough.
Heat a griddle or heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat.
Form a small ball of dough into a flattened disc.
Roll into a thin round on a surface dusted with rice flour about 20cm| 8" in diameter. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Cook one at a time on the griddle until the surface bubbles. Turn over and cook until slightly browned. Leave to cool.
For the filling: mix together all the ingredients, except the hummus.
Spread hummus on each enchilada and divide the filling evenly between them. Roll up.
Arrange the shredded lettuce on a serving plate and place the enchiladas on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese.