- 125 grams slivered almonds
- 50 grams diced candied orange
- 50 grams diced Candied lemon
- 125 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 125 milliliters Whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons Pastry flour
- For preparing
- 150 grams Dark couverture chocolate
Combine flaked almonds, candied orange and lemon, sugar, butter and cream in a saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat and stir in flour.
Add small mounds of almond mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in an oven preheated to 225°C (approximately 425°F) for about 7 minutes. Remove, let cool, then carefully remove from parchment paper.
Cut chocolate into pieces and melt over a double boiler. Let cool slightly, but not solidify. Dip the florentines into chocolate. Let set and serve.