Almond Biscuit Bites
4,3 / 10
ready in 55 min.
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup Hazelnut liqueur (such as Frangelico)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pure Almond extract
- 1 cup dried Apricot chopped (optional)
- 2 cups almonds (or hazelnuts)
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F / 180º C. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, and baking powder together. In a separate bowl beat eggs; add liqueur and extracts; beat to combine. Gradually add egg mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing until dough is stiff. Do not over mix. Knead in the the chopped apricots (if using) and chopped almonds or hazelnuts.
Lightly dust your work surface with flour. Shape dough into two rectangles 3-inches / 8 cm wide, and about 15-inches / 38 cm long. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove biscotti from oven and let rest until cool to the touch.
Using a sharp serrated knife, slice crosswise into 3/4-inch / 1.9 cm slices. Arrange on baking sheet, sliced side down, and continue baking for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until the biscotti are golden brown.
Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.