- 1 red Bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 200 grams Kidney beans (canned)
- 150 grams Soy bean (canned)
- 1 can corn kernels (225 grams or 8 ounces)
- 1 can crushed Tomatoes (400 grams or 14 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- black, freshly ground Pepper
- 1 generous pinch Cayenne pepper
- 400 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro leaf
Rinse pepper, cut in half, remove seeds and ribs and dice. Peel and chop onion.
Heat oil in a pan and sauté peppers and onions. Add tomato paste and canned tomatoes (with juice). Bring to a boil.
Drain beans and corn and add to pot. Pour in broth and season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and chili spices. Slowly bring to a boil. Simmer for about 30 minutes over low heat. Taste, season if necessary and serve sprinkled with cilantro.