Savoury Eggplant Salad8
Savoury Eggplant Salad
for 4 servings
- 3 pickled Anchovy fillet (drained)
- 2 tablespoons Caper
- 1 Red onion (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated Horseradish
- 14 ounces Green bean (halved)
- 1 red Bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 11 ounces medium Eggplant (sliced)
- 1 Avocado (peeled, pitted and sliced)
- 1 Radicchio
- 5 slices cooked Bacon (diced)
Mix together the anchovies, capers, onion, vinegar, 3 tablespoons oil and horseradish and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the aubergine and peppers for 4 minutes.
Cook the beans in salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and mix with the aubergines and peppers.
Mix the vegetables with the anchovy mixture. Gently stir in the avocado slices.
Arrange the radicchio leaves in serving bowls. Spoon in the vegetable and anchovy mixture. Sprinkle with the bacon. Serve with bread.